Norwich — Sarah Bailey won her No. 1 singles match in straight sets as Ledyard edged Norwich Free Academy 4-3 in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Division II girls’ tennis match on Tuesday.
The Colonels (6-4, 5-2) avenged a 4-3 loss to the Wildcats (7-4, 5-2) back on April 18.
Tegan Opalenik added a win at No. 4 singles for Ledyard, which also received doubles wins from Alahna Maranzano-Kylee Gill and Sarah Banach-Katie Resendez.
Emily Eggler and Shayla Roche singles matches for NFA as did the doubles team of Madison Smith-Katie Lavoie.
In other matches:
• Maddie Hamm, Grace Duggan and the team of Katya Snegovskikh and Katie Johnstone all won twice for Stonington as it swept Woodstock Academy 7-0, 7-0. Maddie Gonzalez and Mia, Misha and Marina Lewandowski all won at singles for the Bears (11-0) and the doubles teams of Erin Motherway-Emily Fulling, Charlotte McGugan-Alex Fidrych, Marcella Hamm-Lauren Buckley and Annalise McGee-Angelina Williams were all victorious.
• Abigail Sicuranza and Sam Tan won in straight sets for Old Lyme in its 7-0 win over Old Saybrook in the Shoreline Conference. Callie Bass and Elaina Morosky each won by forfeit for the Wildcats (13-0, 12-0) and Livie Bass-Alexis Fenton, Fiona Hufford-Izzy Reynolds and Olivia Schaedler-Whitney Barbour all won their doubles matches in straight sets.
• Waterford’s Sarah Hage, Autumn Brothers and Michelle Liu all won their singles matches 6-0, 6-0 in a 7-0 win over Lyman Memorial. Ava Tinnerello won at singles for the Lancers (6-4) and the teams of Maple Siu-Joyce Mak, Lillian Steinhaus-Maria Molina and Kyra Tuckwood-Bre Kilcomins were also victorious. Lyman is 5-3.
• Julia Mielguj, Charlotte Beaulieu, Fiza Shariff and Liz Henders won singles matches as Fitch downed New London 7-0. The Falcons (6-4) also received wins from the doubles teams of Kristine Lee-Anna Servidio, Catelyn Cervini-Sophie Ash and Ada Ellis-Izzy Ash. New London is 0-11.
• Medalist Jack Kramer (42) led Fitch past Waterford 5-2. Nate McCormack and Elliot Reese won matches for Fitch (4-5). Zach Beardsley and Andrew Pafias won for the Lancers (5-5).
• Wethersfield swept NFA 25-15, 25-14, 26-24. Paul Ericson had six assists and three kills for NFA (3-11).