Raleigh, N.C. — For the second time in as many years, sixth-ranked NC State women’s tennis (26-5) is quarterfinals bound at the NCAA Championships as it defeated No. 11 California (18-8) by a 4-0 score on Saturday afternoon.
Playing at home for Super Regional action for the first time in program history, NC State earned its spot in the Round of 16 for the third-straight time and will now be one of eight teams playing in the quarterfinal round in the next week. The Elite Eight berth marks the team’s second such appearance in program history after advancing that far for the first time last season.
The remaining rounds of the 2022 NCAA Championships, including all singles and doubles competition following the team tournament, will be played at the Khan Outdoor Tennis Complex in Urbana, Ill. NC State advances to take on No. 4 Duke, with that quarterfinal matchup scheduled for Friday, May 20 at a time yet to be determined.
#6 NC State 4, #11 California 0
Order of finish: 1, 3
1. #1 Jaeda Daniel/Nell Miller (NCSU) def. #38 Haley Giavara/Valentina Ivanov (Cal) 6-3
2. #24 Amelia Rajecki/Abigail Rencheli (NCSU) vs. #90 Jessica Alsola/Katja Wiersholm (Cal) 2-5, unfinished
3. Sophie Abrams/Priska Nugroho (NCSU) def. Erin Richardson/Julia Rosenqvist (Cal) 6-3
Order of finish: 6, 5, 3
1. #11 Jaeda Daniel (NCSU) vs. #63 Haley Giavara (Cal) 7-5, 4-1, unfinished
2. #48 Abigail Rencheli (NCSU) vs. #71 Jessica Alsola (Cal) 5-7, 2-3 unfinished
3. #83 Priska Nugroho (NCSU) def. Julia Rosenqvist (Cal) 7-6 (2), 6-1
4. Nell Miller (NCSU) vs. Katja Wiersholm (Cal) 2-6, 6-4, unfinished
5. Amelia Rajecki (NCSU) def. Hannah Moeller (Cal) 6-0, 6-1
6. Sophie Abrams (NCSU) def. Erin Richardson (Cal) 6-2, 6-1